What is Roblox?
Roblox is an immersive 3D social gaming platform. There are various types of game modes, catering to different gaming experiences for all kinds of players. There are an estimated 50 million monthly active players and over 15 million user-created games across all playable platforms worldwide.
In Roblox, players can create their own virtual world, and customize it with different types of assets. Players are also able to customize their own character through the Roblox Avatar Shop.
Customizing Roblox Characters
There are various items available for customizing their character – both free and paid options.
And then, there is the ultra rare option – only available through trading with other players. These items have been released years ago, and are very limited in quantity. Some items are so exclusive that they have a serial number tagged to it.
Ultra rare tradable items in Roblox
One of such highly sought after items in Roblox is the Dominus Frigidus.
This item had only 26 copies released in Roblox initially, which was sold at 39,000 Robux (approx. $135) in 2011. The price has since ballooned to over 100,000,000 Robux (approx. $350,000) as of 2023. That’s over a 250,000% return on your initial amount!
What types of items can I trade in Roblox?
Players can trade only items that are marked as limited. Items that do not have the green ‘Limited’ tag are non-tradeable, and players are better off trying to get them from the Avatar Shop instead.
Enabling trading in Roblox
The only way to engage in trading in Roblox is when 2 players have bought the premium membership. Players who bought any of the membership tiers, the $4.99, $9.99 or the $19.99 per month subscription would unlock the ability to trade items in Roblox.
In addition to unlocking the ability to trade items in Roblox, players also get a whole range of other benefits from the premium membership.
- A set amount of Robux every month (450, 1000 or 2200)
- An additional 10% more Robux every month when buying Robux in Roblox
- Players get to enjoy premium experiences, such as a dedicated ‘Popular Among Premium’ section in the Discover games section.
- Access to purchase premium-only items on the Roblox shop, and at special premium-only prices.
Benefits of trading in Roblox
There are various reasons why a player would want to trade.
- Players are able to get more value for items & profit by bargain hunting and trading.
- Players want to get rid of their old and unwanted items for Robux.
- Players want to collect items that they can’t find in stores or for a lower price.
How to find other premium players to trade with in Roblox
If you do not know anyone on your friend’s list who would like to engage in a trade with you, fret not. There are alternative means to finding players who want what you are selling or have what you are intending to buy.
1. Head over to Trade Hangout and advertise your items there.
What is Trade Hangout?
Trade Hangout is a place where players gather to socialize and find other players to trade their limited items with.
Before you head there, it is also a good idea to make your inventory public, so that players who are browsing your profile on Trade Hangout can see what you have. And should they be interested, they can then make a trade offer to you later on.
2. Join a Roblox trading group.
One such trading group is Trade.
This active Roblox group has over 23,000 members, and players can make trades by posting a message on the group’s wall, or by sending a trade request to players who have already posted a message.
Players can discover new trading groups, even niche ones by searching on the group tab. Players who are looking to trade a very specific item can narrow down the groups to look at by using this method.
3. Join any online Roblox trading forum.
There are many third party forums on the internet catered to the needs of Roblox players, including trading items. Players can join these forums to discover other players to trade with.
Popular ones include:
4. Browse the Avatar Shop for Collectible items.
Scroll through the Roblox Avatar Shop for collectible items that you’d like to trade for.
Clicking into any of the items would bring up a list of other players who are resellers of that item. You can either proceed by purchasing the items immediately by accepting their resale price, or click into the profile of the player and make a trade request to them directly.
If you’d like to try saving some Robux, a strategy here would be to send the player selling the item at the lowest amount a trade offer. More often than not, those who listed their items at low prices are trying to get rid of them fast. They would be more than open to exploring your trade request.
How to trade with other players in Roblox
Now that you’re all set up to finally make your trade, let’s take a step-by-step walkthrough of initiating your very first trade on Roblox.
- Ensure you have subscribed to one of Roblox’s premium membership plans.
- Check that your inventory contains items that you’re willing to trade for.
- Check that you have trading enabled under your Privacy tab in the Account Settings page.
- Allow your inventory to be seen by everyone.
- Search for the player that you’d like to trade with via the search bar.
- Go to the player’s profile and select the 3 dots on the top right hand corner. Select ‘Trade Items’.
- A new page will then load, containing items which both you and the player have that are tradable.
- Choose the item(s) that you’d like to offer to the other player. The selected item(s) will then appear under your ‘Offer List’.
- Select the item(s) from the other player that you’d like to receive. These chosen item(s) will then appear under your ‘Request List’.
- You may also add on additional Robux for the other player. There will be a 30% transaction fee imposed on the amount of Robux when the trade is successful. Do note that the Robux offered (inclusive of the 30% transaction fees) cannot exceed 50% of the item’s worth.
- Review the trade to make sure you have chosen the correct item(s) to be offered and to be received.
- Once you’re happy with your choice, click on the ‘Make Offer’ button to lock in and submit the trade. Be careful with this as Roblox is unable to undo a trade once the trade is submitted.
- A final pop up will then appear, asking you to confirm the trade request. Once done, the player will then be notified.
Accept, decline or counter a trade
Players can view all their trade requests made, received, completed and expired on their ‘Trade’ tab on the Roblox home page.
Receiving a trade request in Roblox
If you are on the receiving end of a trade, you will receive a notification that a player has offered a trade request to you.
You are presented 3 options – to accept the trade, to decline the trade or to counter the trade.
Responding to a trade request in Roblox
If you’re happy with what is offered, you can proceed with the trade by clicking on accept. If you’re not satisfied with what is being offered, you can choose to decline and close the trade, or to make a counter offer.
Upon clicking the ‘counter’ button, a new trade window is brought up, and you can choose to offer a new item to the player, along with the choice of offering Robux.
Validity of all Roblox trades
All trades that you send out to another players are valid for up to 4 days.
During this time frame, the other party can accept, decline or counter your trade with a different offer. Any trade that goes past the 4th day mark will be automatically expired and nulled.